So many of our clients notice that as they age, they lose elasticity and definition in their lower face. This can cause a sagging appearance, making us appear older and more tired.
Luckily there are so many treatments and products available which can help with this very common concern.
Here are our top 5 tips to tackle lower face laxity;
1) Book a consultation with Dr Hill to discuss Ultherapy and Morpheus8, our non-surgical skin lifting and tightening treatments;
Ultherapy uses harnessed Ultrasound to target the deepest layer of the facial structures, heating the muscle layer to 68 degrees. This causes contraction and improved collagen production, resulting in a visible lift and glow. Results take 3 months.
Morpheus8 works by contracting the subcutaneous fat to lift and tighten. It combines radiofrequency heat energy with skin needling for fantastic results. A course of 3 is recommended.
Clients are often more well suited to one or the other of these hero treatments. Dr Hill will determine which is best for you.
2) Try Forma with your next Hydrafacial! Forma is the relaxing, warming radiofrequency treatment which feels like a hot stone massage for the face. It uses radiofrequency heat energy to lift the tissues. A course of 6 is recommended. A brilliant option if you wish to avoid any discomfort or downtime.
The results of Forma are supercharged when you have it after your Hydrafacial, as there is more moisture in the skin, so double the glow!
3) Consider dermal fillers. Often, lower face sagging is caused by loss of volume in the cheeks, as well as reduced elasticity along the jawline. Expertly administered dermal filler to these areas can vastly improve the elegance and definition of the jawline, and give a visible lift to the face as a whole. Filler consultations with Dr Hill are free and without obligation.
4) Try Firming serum by ZO. This is one of our clients’ hero products! Clinically proven to lift and improve elasticity, this topical product can firm your skin in a way that high street serums can only dream of! Book a skincare consultation with Dr Hill to learn how to incorporate firming serum into your regimen.
5) Boost your collagen from the inside. Sadly, we lose at least 1% of our collagen every year from the age of 18, with a sharper decline from the menopause onwards. Collagen supports the elastin in our skin which helps elasticity. Supplements such as Pro Collagen+ Powder by ZENii can help mitigate the results of natural collagen loss by delivering 10,000 mg of Marine Collagen to improve the quality of our skin, hair and nails.